How to change GDM on Linux mint 13 xfce?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

How to change GDM on Linux mint 13 xfce?

Postby JaZZyCooL on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:36 pm

hey guys,
I was just messing around with Linux mint 13 xfce and I found some themes on www.gnome-look.org which are known as GDM, but the problem is I know where to extract (usr/share/gdm), but don't know how to apply those themes. Also I downloaded some lockscreen themes too, but I don't know where to extract them nor how to apply. Can you guys help me show the correct steps to do the same.

Your help is highly appreciated.
JaZZyCooL
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How to change GDM on Linux mint 13 xfce?

Postby nerdtron on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Mint uses Mint Display Manager (MDM) for both themes and lock screen themes. GDM themes are also compatible, you can install more themes using this link. http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/926
"I learned a lot from repeatedly breaking my system and then reinstalling. Oh, and a lot of GOOGLE searches too!"
nerdtron
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions