[SOLVED] Adding Minecraft to the Cinnamon Menu

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[SOLVED] Adding Minecraft to the Cinnamon Menu

Postby Cable on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Good evening,

My issue is that I can't get Minecraft to launch if I try to add it to the Cinnamon Menu.

So what I currently have is minecraft.jar in my ~/Downloads, perhaps that's not the preferred folder to have it in either?

What I've tried so far is to right-click on the menu and clicked Edit menu, pressed Games on the left side then I clicked on New Item, there I filled in all information, browsed to minecraft.jar under Command and that's it.

Anyone knows how to make it work? Perhaps also suggesting where to have Minecraft actually placed instead of ~/Downloads?

Thanks in advance,
Cable

EDIT: Solved it myself...

Under the Command part you need to add "java -jar" (without the quotes) before the path where the file is.

So the full command would be: java -jar /home/cable/Downloads/minecraft.jar in my case.
Cable
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions