[SOLVED] Adding Minecraft to the Cinnamon Menu

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

[SOLVED] Adding Minecraft to the Cinnamon Menu

Postby Cable on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Good evening,

My issue is that I can't get Minecraft to launch if I try to add it to the Cinnamon Menu.

So what I currently have is minecraft.jar in my ~/Downloads, perhaps that's not the preferred folder to have it in either?

What I've tried so far is to right-click on the menu and clicked Edit menu, pressed Games on the left side then I clicked on New Item, there I filled in all information, browsed to minecraft.jar under Command and that's it.

Anyone knows how to make it work? Perhaps also suggesting where to have Minecraft actually placed instead of ~/Downloads?

Thanks in advance,
Cable

EDIT: Solved it myself...

Under the Command part you need to add "java -jar" (without the quotes) before the path where the file is.

So the full command would be: java -jar /home/cable/Downloads/minecraft.jar in my case.
Cable
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions