kde desktop with cinnamon start menu?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

kde desktop with cinnamon start menu?

Postby vdanee on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi
I'm new to linux. In the past 2 weeks I've tried at least a dozen distros. Some of them were ok, others were pretty good and a few were useless crap (for me at least).
I haven't decided yet which one I'm gonna use, but Mint has the most chance atm.
I have one little question for u guys. I like the KDE desktop environment the best. I tried gnome, unity, mate, God knows how many... :) KDE works for me the best.
But, and there is always a but :) I just love the cinnamon start menu. I think it is the best by far. Is it possible somehow to have the cinnamon start menu on a KDE environment?
I hope it is :D please tell me it is :D
Thanks
Daniel
vdanee
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: kde desktop with cinnamon start menu?

Postby dequire on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Sorry for the late response. Welcome to Linux! I would venture to guess that what you are asking for is impossible - or at least not easy. If you want a good alternative to the default KDE Kickoff launcher, I would recommend KDE's Homerun Launcher. It's really good! :D

http://www.muktware.com/5525/kdes-answer-unity-dash-homerun-022-released
They'll all look at me and say,
Hey look at him! I'll never live that way.
But that's okay -
They're just afraid to change.
- Shannon Hoon

The Blue Mint
dequire
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions