Having problems with the Windows and taskbar/pannel

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Having problems with the Windows and taskbar/pannel

Postby kishagi on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi Everybody,

Im kind of new to linux, ive tried other distros but stopped and went back to windows for various reasons each time. This time I am really getting upset and fustrated at the lack of control i have over my windows (firefox, home, computer, etc.) and the taskbar/pannel. I am currently using Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon 64-bit. when i open a window and try to close it using the close icon, nothing happens. If i click around like a madman for a minute, eventually i can close the window. Same thing happens for other programs as well.

Also I cannot directly have one window open and go to the task bar to open up something that i previously minimized. Nor can I open up the linux version of the Start menu while a window is open. Why not?

I have no Idea how to fix these problems, and they are really upsetting me to thr point that I almost put a hole in the wall.

I appreciate your help. Thankyou
kishagi
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions