Broken Software

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Carfyd

Broken Software

Post by Carfyd »

Probably done something stupid, but if so, I don't know what!!

Get this message when told to go to Synaptic, and check packages, but this as far as I can get.

Tried sudo apt-get update, but get similar type message.

Help please?
Pete

E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/packages.linuxmint.com_dists_nadia_import_i18n_Translation-en
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Broken Software

Post by xenopeek »

You can remove the mergelists and create them anew. See the two commands for that I share here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 23#p638950. I'm not sure why this happens, but is happens for some users--Linux Mint 15 will have an improved software sources program, in which you will have a button to fix these kind of issues automatically.
Carfyd

Re: Broken Software

Post by Carfyd »

Thank you xenopee. You have made my day. All good. THX

xenopeek wrote:You can remove the mergelists and create them anew. See the two commands for that I share here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 23#p638950. I'm not sure why this happens, but is happens for some users--Linux Mint 15 will have an improved software sources program, in which you will have a button to fix these kind of issues automatically.

Return to “Beginner Questions”