Solved: How to change highlighting color

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lnoob

Solved: How to change highlighting color

Post by lnoob »

Greeting All,

First log in, first post. Long time user Win/XP. New user Linux Mint 14/cinnamon. Download and install was clean. I have several questions of basic nature. Please limit use of geek speak as I am not well versed.

I read the user manual and have searched this forum and others on this question and have seen it mentioned, but never an answer to my seemingly simple question. Just completed the newbie tutorial for using the Terminal, but frankly have not found a use for it. The GUI seems good and adequate for a basic home user as myself.

I have managed to set a different wallpaper but have not found a way to change from the default pale green highlighting color. The contrast with text is poor. When scrolling over text to highlight, the text changes from black to white;difficult to read against the pale green highlight. Can you advise where I can find the menu to change highlight color?

Jim
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caribriz

Re: How to change highlighting color

Post by caribriz »

Hello Inoob ... and welcome to the Linux Mint forums :)

Regarding changing the pale green "highlight" color in the default theme of LM14 Cinnamon -
You can't change this from a menu in Cinnamon, but you could try either of the suggestions in this similar thread -
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 94#p694290
lnoob

SOLVED Re: How to change highlighting color

Post by lnoob »

Caribriz,

Thank you for the quick reply. I used the dconf-tools package as you suggested and it worked perfectly. Now the highlight color is a nice (almost) navy blue.

Jim
Last edited by lnoob on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caribriz

Re: How to change highlighting color

Post by caribriz »

Jim - glad you got it sorted :)
frankfoulger

Re: Solved: How to change highlighting color

Post by frankfoulger »

Thanks caribriz! I've been trying to figure out how to do this forever, much appreciated.
caribriz

Re: Solved: How to change highlighting color

Post by caribriz »

@frankfoulger
glad it helped ...
and welcome to the forums to you as well :wink:

Return to “Beginner Questions”