What just happened..... ?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SimonNoob

What just happened..... ?

Post by SimonNoob »

Hey guys, my Mint installation just got messed up without any reason, it'd seem.
I updated (was something about java) and turned off the computer, when I turned it back on two hours later this happened:
http://i.imgur.com/opLx26A.jpg

Check out the menu, the bottom panel is unclickable, I cannot add applets, some of my key binds are gone.

This is supposed to be cinnamon...

And that's not all, all of my sessions got botched up: LXDE, xfce and KDE (was just testing 'em a long time ago). [xfce and LXDE - messed up panel. KDE the mosted screwed one]

Kind of wanted to complete my course work but this distracts me,
it's like in that meme, "coursework? install new linux distro" :evil:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SimonNoob

Re: What just happened..... ?

Post by SimonNoob »

bump anyone knows that this is?
SimonNoob

Re: What just happened..... ?

Post by SimonNoob »

Don't know what it was but fixed by re installing linux-generic-headers.
Seems like it was the cause of the latest bumblebee patch

Return to “Beginner Questions”