cinnamon 14 desktop crash problem with EL

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

cinnamon 14 desktop crash problem with EL

Postby kd7ura on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:13 am

ive been running cinn 14 both 32bit and 64, and also 64 bit kde mint.
when on cinnimon 32 or 64 bit and running eternal lands, i change screen to full screen it takes all the screen and has no border or taskbar at bottom . when i try to reduce the screen size it crashes server and causes desktop to loose all icons, i restart comp and every thing is fine.then restart EL and it will fit screen properlywith taskbar in view some times? repeat crash a few times and it sits with taskbar at bottom showing at full screen

in the mint kde 64 bit i dont have this problem. at first i thought it was the 32 bit version of cinnamon so i installed 64bit ver in its place and have the same problem.
on the mint kde 64 i installed EL same as cinnamon and it loads and shuts down fine and shanges screen size without problems.
i like the cinn desktop over the kde as its a bit more fimiliar "ex windows user" are there any ideas as to how to fix this bug or driver problem?
im running an hp g61 laptop with mobile radion HD4200graphics that had win7,64bit
kd7ura
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions