Mint 13: Updating GIMP, Rawtherapee, and gThumb

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Mint 13: Updating GIMP, Rawtherapee, and gThumb

Postby I2k4 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:47 pm

The repositories for Mint 13 (XFCE) have not been updated to show more recent versions of my main photo software. I've learned that PPAs for them can be had here:

http://ubuntu-tweak.com/source/dhor-myway/

GIMP is up to 2.8, Rawtherapee is up to 4.10, and gThumb is up to 3.3. If using Mint 13 be sure to get the PPA for Ubuntu 12.4 Precise. I haven't found problems with installation or running them as of yet. Hope others find this useful.

(I'm still hoping for the day that "LTS" means never having to search the internet for current versions of software that should be in the Mint repositories.)
Mint 16 XFCE on Dell laptop, replacing XP, and dual booting W7 and the same Mint on an Acer netbook. Test driving Mint 17 Cinnamon via Persistent Live USB on these plus a W7 Lenovo desktop with peripherals.
I2k4
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions