Downloading system updates

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
leckers

Downloading system updates

Post by leckers »

I have just installed Mint 14 and have been informed I have a large number of updates available. In the past, after clicking the tray icon I am shown the update screen, clciked OK and the download and updates are installed. However, in this case, absolutely nothing happens. I've tried uisng KGET with the same result - nothing happens - no screen with kget appears and no hard drive activity or sign of downloading. What have I done incorrectly, please? I have a good Internet connection which is accessed OK for email and browsing.
Ian
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mhauden

Re: Downloading system updates

Post by mhauden »

There could be a bug in the GUI updater. Open a terminal and try to update from there, reboot, and see if the GUI/tray updater starts working again when the next batch of updates becomes available.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Return to “Beginner Questions”