How do I change desktop icons

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

How do I change desktop icons

Postby jacatone on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:48 pm

I've got several third party png icons I'd like to try on LM 4. How do I install them? Thanks.
jacatone
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How do I change desktop icons

Postby 67GTA on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:31 pm

If they are icon packages from gnomelook.org or gnome-art, go to Menu>Preferences>Appearance. Once you open that, just drag and drop the icon packages onto the Appearance window, and it will install them for you if they are compatible.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Postby jacatone on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:45 pm

No, there's just png icons I downloaded off the web. How would I install them individually? Thanks.
jacatone
Level 4
Level 4

Postby 67GTA on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:54 pm

There is no way to "install" icons like that. You will have to manually put them somewhere to be used. I might be able to help you if you can give me a little more detail.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions