How to disable this in Firefox?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

How to disable this in Firefox?

Postby Google Spider on Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:32 pm

It stops page loading whenever there is a redirection. This happens all the time when I'm making new posts in forums or logging into Yahoo. Fed up of clicking "Allow". Any way to disable this?
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (138.42 KiB) Viewed 393 times
Google Spider
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How to disable this in Firefox?

Postby locutus on Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:41 pm

One thing would be to check and make sure that cookies are allowed. Googling around firefox support said that not allowing cookies can sometimes send firefox in "redirect loops" because it is confused. Check, just to be sure and reply here if that doesn't work.
Last edited by locutus on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Google Spider on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:36 pm

Yes, cookies are allowed ( even third party cookies are allowed). Java, JavaScript, image loading -- I've allowed everything. I don't think its infinite, its just a function in Firefox to stop a page from redirecting to another page without conformation.
Google Spider
Level 2
Level 2

Postby locutus on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:42 pm

I found a "redirect remover" extension that you could try. I've never tried it but it's worth a shot. Download it here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/537

After it's installed, restart and go to Tools -> Addons -> Extensions -> Redirect Remover -> Preferences and add your sites to it if it's not already there
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions