FS Li1718 - Dumby qestions

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

FS Li1718 - Dumby qestions

Postby murky on Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:06 pm

Hello there, I´m quite "Linux-noob" and as Noob I have some Nooby questions :oops:

...1) I know, that my graphics card IS slow, but...i have got a feeling, tahat it is even slower on Linux, than on my former Wistas...I´ve installed driver from program "EnvyNG" and for example, when i close big window (i´ve got Desctop effect "Fire"), the fire is really slow and disappears in lags...Is my graphics card on its limits, or IS there any faster driver?
....2) Maybe it´s the same thing as NO.1. ... Videos are reeeallly slow and (i don´t know, if word like this exist) it´s lagging...I didn´t install any codecs (but they are supposed to be in Mint...) On Vista, even HD videos worked...i don´t know, if it has something to do with graphics card, codecs or what...
....3) Wi-Fi...When I was following guide I found on this forum, Terminal told me, that that program supports only older versions...And I don´t want to be bound by cable ;-)

...I know...Dumb questions...but it is somehow...problematic for me, as man, who never worked with Linux, but likes it and wants to work only with it :) :wink:
...Oh yes...and...I don´t know how good I´m in English, so dont blame me about some bad constructions ;-)
murky
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: FS Li1718 - Dumby qestions

Postby Lantesh on Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:42 pm

murky wrote:Is my graphics card on its limits, or IS there any faster driver?

What kind of graphics card is it? Someone here might be able to help you, but will need to know your hardware information first.
Lantesh
Level 6
Level 6

Re: FS Li1718 - Dumby qestions

Postby murky on Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:40 pm

Ati Mobility Radeon Xpress 200M ;-)
murky
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions