problem on start up mint 5

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

problem on start up mint 5

Postby pennylurcher on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:16 am

didnt get this in mint 4.
sometimes on startup I get this message ::

There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.

Some things, such as themes, sounds, or background settings may not work correctly.

The last error message was:

Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

GNOME will still try to restart the Settings Daemon next time you log in.
pennylurcher
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: problem on start up mint 5

Postby locutus on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:30 pm

I got that message a couple of times after the installation but the message stopped appearing after a short while. I have no idea why, but even after getting that message everything worked fine, as near as I could tell.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Re: problem on start up mint 5

Postby rivenought on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:57 pm

From some other posts, I read where Husse said it was normal. I got that same message as well on one machine, but after the install of Mint 5, I never saw it again. So, I think you are OK to ignore it and keep on keeping on!
rivenought
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions