Repository

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Repository

Postby giuliano on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:48 am

Hi at all!!!...sorry for my bad english...
I've search if there is already a post on this question...but I don't have find.

So...I ask u if there is a complete list of all official repository of Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, because I want have always the newest package of my software.

Bye and thank u.
giuliano
giuliano
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Repository

Postby Lim-Dul on Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:55 am

The Mint, Ubuntu, Medibuntu and Canonical repos are set up automatically in Linux Mint. If you insist on always having the newest software you can go to MintUpdate (the tool you should always use for updating) and check "safe" and "visible" next to level 4 and 5 updates BUT that's really not recommended - especially level 5 updates are outright dangerous to install.

In addition to that you can uncomment some repos in sources.lst. Type sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.lst in the terminal and uncomment anything you like (you will probably not need the source repos).
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
Lim-Dul
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Newbie Questions