replacing LM4 with LM5

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

replacing LM4 with LM5

Postby calymea on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:40 am

Hi, I wish to replace LM4, Daryna with LM5, Elyssa. I have tested it on the live cd and am happy with it, now I want to install Elyssa. How do I delete Daryna and replace with Elyssa? Thanks everyone.
calymea
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: replacing LM4 with LM5

Postby rivenought on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:52 am

Before you do anything, you probably wish to save any personal files you may wish to keep to a flash drive or CD.

Pretty much, if you want a standard install, you insert the Live CD and everything should work out with no problem.

If you want a custom partitioning scheme, you will have that choice. There are numerous options available. Thus far, I have found that my clean installs of Mint 5 usually take under an hour - and this is with all of the updates and a couple of downloads from the Mint software Portal.

Of course, if you hit any snags, please post so we can hopefully get you back on track. Good luck, and we should see you running with Mint 5 in under an hour, right? :D
rivenought
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions