mintmenu won't close

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

mintmenu won't close

Postby Jacob on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:08 am

Hi people,

I changed some preferences of the Mint Menu; I guess the preferences are scrambled a bit because the menu doesn't close automatically after I choose an item any more .....
Where are these preferences located, and can I just remove them to go back to the original settings?

thanks in advance,
Jacob
Jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: mintmenu won't close

Postby Jernau on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:34 am

I think you may have inadvertently enabled the 'lock' button in the top-left corner of mintMenu, if you turn off that button then mintMenu should close automatically when you launch an application.
Jernau
Level 5
Level 5

Postby mike^ on Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:56 am

Open the menu and look in the upper left corner for a button by itself. If it is there, just click on it. It should disappear and all should be fine again.
For an idea that does not at first seem insane, there is no hope - Albert Einstein
mike^
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Jacob on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:29 pm

AHA!! great many thanks, so this really was a newbe question.
Absolutely great system by the way, I am really having fun with it!

Jacob
Jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions