kde konqueror vs. ???

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

kde konqueror vs. ???

Postby normand on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:28 pm

I love linux mint, BUT, I can't seem to work as productively as I do with KDE (vs gnome). Here is my "problem"

In konqueror I type an ftp url in the browser window and access my website files. If I click on any file it opens and i can edit it, when i hit save it saves to the web server. I check the effect of my changes and if I want I just continue to edit the file as i never closed it. Very Easy!

In Mint, I need to ftp the files i want to edit to my local hdd, make my changes, save and close the file, ftp the files back to the server, check the effect of the change then ftp it back to local hdd, make more changes, save and close, ftp it back to the server and check again. ARGHH.

So what I'm asking is, "Is there a way to access an ftp url as if it were a local drive?
normand
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: kde konqueror vs. ???

Postby merlwiz79 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:24 pm

Maybe this will wok.(search for it in Synaptic to install)
http://blog.mypapit.net/2007/05/how-to- ... ftpfs.html
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11

Re: kde konqueror vs. ???

Postby Tony G on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:58 pm

There's also Mint KDE Community Edition (notes a happy user). :wink:
"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."

--Carl von Clausewitz
Tony G
Level 3
Level 3