Add/Remove(ing) applications

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Add/Remove(ing) applications

Postby hmarroqu on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:59 pm

Hello everyone,

This is the very first post on my very first day of using LM and must say its a fantastic OS so far.
I come from using ubuntu so I am doing fine and am well acquainted now with the new desktop experience.
I just have A question regarding Add/remove in ubuntu and how I can do that in LM since so far its the only way I have ever known of managing my apps. If there is a better way of doing this in LM please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
hmarroqu
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Add/Remove(ing) applications

Postby 67GTA on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Mintinstall is supposed to be the preferred way to install software in Mint, but if you want the traditional Ubuntu Add/Remove, just install gnome-app-install. The easiest way would be to open a terminal and run
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install gnome-app-install
I haven't been able to get it to show in Mintmenu. You will have to add the Gnome menu to the panel to use it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Add/Remove(ing) applications

Postby hmarroqu on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:32 pm

:D THANKS!
hmarroqu
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions