Status of LM 5

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Status of LM 5

Postby FredJones on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:06 am

I see that "Elyssa R1 (Revision 1)" was released. I have a CD I burned based on the original Elyssa release (08/06/2008). I still haven't found time to install, but I hope to try this weekend (I must backup all my existing Windows data and attempt to repartition etc. before I can do it, so it's a bit of work). So a few questions:

1. Is there any pressing reason to get a new R1 CD or can I just install with my original Elyssa CD and let LM update itself?

2. Is that list of Known Issues ( http://linuxmint.com/rel_elyssa.php#knownIssues ) going to be updated? If so, is there a place aside from there where it will be viewable?

Thanks!
FredJones
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Status of LM 5

Postby MagnusB on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:37 am

1. That issue is fixed by an update, as long as you have updated mintAssistant again. If not, run it again.
2. There is an announcement in the forums.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Postby FredJones on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 am

MagnusB wrote:1. That issue is fixed by an update, as long as you have updated mintAssistant again. If not, run it again.

OK. Thank you.

MagnusB wrote:2. There is an announcement in the forums.

Can you send a link? Searching for 'known issues' doesn't seem to show me where this is. Or did you mean there WILL be an announcement?

Thank you!
FredJones
Level 1
Level 1

Postby MagnusB on Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:23 am

http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=0&t=13459
As for including it in Known Issues, it has been fixed in the new ISO, and through a mainstream update, so it isn't really a issue...
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions