[SOLVED] How can I remove Whisker Menu

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[SOLVED] How can I remove Whisker Menu

Postby Георги on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:07 am

Hello,

I have installed the last Mint Release, but the new feature, the so called Whisker Menu, shocked me. Really :)

So, how can I remove it and call back the tradition Menu from release Nadia for example?

Thank you,
Georgi
Last edited by Георги on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Георги
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How can I remove Whisker Menu

Postby altair4 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:39 am

I'm assuming you are using the XFCE version of Mint. As far as I can tell it's a 3 step process. Go to the current Menu > Setting > Panel. Then:

[1] Remove the wisker menu

Select "Wisker Menu" > Clik on the Red X to remove > Do not Close.

[2] Add the XFCE Menu

Click on the Black "+" and add "Applications Menu" > Do not close

[3] Put the menu where it belongs:

Select the "Applicaions Menu" and use the "up arrow" to move it to the first position.

Note: If you want to remove the "Applications Menu" title next to the button select the Edit icon and deselected "Show button title". I guess that makes it a 4 step process :wink:
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
altair4
Level 16
Level 16

Return to Newbie Questions