[SOLVED] How can I remove Whisker Menu

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

[SOLVED] How can I remove Whisker Menu

Postby Георги on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:07 am

Hello,

I have installed the last Mint Release, but the new feature, the so called Whisker Menu, shocked me. Really :)

So, how can I remove it and call back the tradition Menu from release Nadia for example?

Thank you,
Georgi
Last edited by Георги on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Георги
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How can I remove Whisker Menu

Postby altair4 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:39 am

I'm assuming you are using the XFCE version of Mint. As far as I can tell it's a 3 step process. Go to the current Menu > Setting > Panel. Then:

[1] Remove the wisker menu

Select "Wisker Menu" > Clik on the Red X to remove > Do not Close.

[2] Add the XFCE Menu

Click on the Black "+" and add "Applications Menu" > Do not close

[3] Put the menu where it belongs:

Select the "Applicaions Menu" and use the "up arrow" to move it to the first position.

Note: If you want to remove the "Applications Menu" title next to the button select the Edit icon and deselected "Show button title". I guess that makes it a 4 step process :wink:
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
altair4
Level 16
Level 16

Return to Newbie Questions