audio works with music but no other applications

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

audio works with music but no other applications

Postby bms on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:30 pm

i get sound when i play a cd but if i view web video there is no sound and i don't have sound on other apps but some games have sound
i am fairly new to linux and very new to mint just a few days but i love it i also had the same problem with ubuntu 8.04 but i only ran it for a few days and then i found mint and decided to spend my time learning it

Thanks for any help
BMS
bms
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: audio works with music but no other applications

Postby 67GTA on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:51 am

Do you have sound to other applications when you are not listening to music? The new pulseaudio sound server has problems with playing sound when two or more apps are trying to use the sound server at the same time.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: audio works with music but no other applications

Postby bms on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:56 pm

I do not have sound on other apps with music playing or without music playingi don't think it is a dual app problem
Thanks BMS
bms
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions