All in one tweak guide?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

All in one tweak guide?

Postby runt on Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:14 am

Is there an all in one tweak guide for Linux Mint like there is for Ubuntu? I am planning on installing either Mint or Ubuntu on my laptop tonight (leaning towards Mint right now just because) but I just want to make sure I can get things like DVD and mpeg playback working fairly quickly since my laptop and desktop are the only way I have to watch TV right now (TiVo records, desktop pulls off the TiVo and pushes to my network drive).
runt
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: All in one tweak guide?

Postby proxima_centauri on Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:28 am

In my experience you can generally use any Ubuntu tweak or tutorial on Mint as well.
proxima_centauri
Level 11
Level 11

Postby runt on Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:53 am

proxima_centauri wrote:In my experience you can generally use any Ubuntu tweak or tutorial on Mint as well.
runt
Level 1
Level 1

Postby AK Dave on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:48 pm

Media playback, incl commercial DVD and mpeg, are default with Mint. No extra tweaking involved.
AK Dave
Level 6
Level 6

Postby runt on Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:20 pm

AK Dave wrote:Media playback, incl commercial DVD and mpeg, are default with Mint. No extra tweaking involved.

kewl, so I may not have to do much if any tweaking right away. I will find out tonight :D
runt
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions