Burning RW discs

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iironjade
Level 4
Level 4

Burning RW discs

Post by iironjade »

All the disc burning applications I've used in Mint (K3b, Gnomebaker, DVD creator, Nero) seem to have intemittent problems with used RW discs: they can't see them, can't erase them or can't burn them. At first I thought it was a faulty drive but the same thing happens on an other machine. Disc brand doesn't seem to matter. Sometimes erasing the disc first in my dvd recorder helps but not always.
Is it just a quirk of Mint or is it that they're rewritables? :?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming."
Husse

Re: Burning RW discs

Post by Husse »

It's probably a combination of that they are RW and your hardware
RW disks are not all that easy to handle
iironjade
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Burning RW discs

Post by iironjade »

Husse wrote:It's probably a combination of that they are RW and your hardware
RW disks are not all that easy to handle
I'm afraid you may be right. Guess I'll just have to find the right combination.
"A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming."

Return to “Beginner Questions”