It might be simple, but I have to ask (generic question)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Linux n00b

It might be simple, but I have to ask (generic question)

Post by Linux n00b »

1. My laptop is dual core, however, I noticed that one the CPU is always running at 100%. I can see either CPU doing 100%, and they switch from time to time. But there is no process that use that much CPU time. Majority are sleeping, and the running one only use a small amount CPU time. I got the reading from both conky or system monitor. What is using that much CPU power at background?

2. How do I make conky auto run at startup? I know there is startup programs, but it seems requiring a script of some kind (at least that's what one of website say so). What is the easiest way to do it?

3. Who do I make conky to read CPU temperature? The acpitemp has no reading and adt746xcpu doesn't (says missing fire/directory).

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ginjabunny

Re: It might be simple, but I have to ask (generic question)

Post by ginjabunny »

1 try starting a terminal and have a play with "top", it might show you what is hogging your cpu, press h for help

2 to add startup programs to gnome try system/prefernces/sessions

3 dunno, never heard of conky :?

Return to “Beginner Questions”