It takes minutes before shutdown menu appears.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

It takes minutes before shutdown menu appears.

Postby spacegypsy on Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:10 pm

First of I want to salute all of you on this forum.

I just installed Linux Mint Elyssa on my fathers desktop (Medion pentium 4 3.0GHz 512MB RAM ATI Radeon 9800 XL).

And found out that when you want to shutdown or restart after you just started a session (Elyssa button ---> Quit) it takes minutes before the logout screen appears. When working around in the session for a while the problem seems not to exist.

Any idea's?

my post on Ubuntu forums; http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... ost5331410
spacegypsy
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: It takes minutes before shutdown menu appears.

Postby erginemr on Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:16 pm

There is a bugreport on this issue here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/123078

This usually happens when the gnome-power-manager is not enabled among autostarted programs:
From Menu -> System->Preferences->Sessions, please check that "power manager" is enabled.
erginemr
Level 1
Level 1

Re: It takes minutes before shutdown menu appears.

Postby spacegypsy on Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:26 pm

I tried the proposed solution
To solve the bug I opened the "System > Preferences > Sessions" and added the gnome-power-manager as a startup program.
already, bug is still there. :(

Every program is checked in the startup programs menu.
spacegypsy
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions