HELP: sharing printer probs

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

HELP: sharing printer probs

Postby radioman on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 am

Hi
I have got a Epson R300 printer installed in linuxmint 5, and seems to be working ok
I have a winXP pc on the network (MSHOME) and can see both ways, although the win pc
can not get to the net :o . I need to be able to share the printer on the linux box with the win pc
but not to sure what i have to do to get it working.

Thanks in advance
Radioman
Howard
Ham Radio Call: G7LQY
Locator: IO90LU
radioman
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: HELP: sharing printer probs

Postby darco on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:25 am

radioman wrote:Hi
I have got a Epson R300 printer installed in linuxmint 5, and seems to be working ok
I have a winXP pc on the network (MSHOME) and can see both ways, although the win pc
can not get to the net :o . I need to be able to share the printer on the linux box with the win pc
but not to sure what i have to do to get it working.

Thanks in advance
Radioman

Strange that the XP machine can bee seen by the LM box but it cant access the 'net. I would fix that first.
Anyways, sounds like a Samba issue. Google samba and you will find info on how to share the printer.
good luck
darco
darco
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions