HELP: sharing printer probs

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

HELP: sharing printer probs

Postby radioman on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 am

Hi
I have got a Epson R300 printer installed in linuxmint 5, and seems to be working ok
I have a winXP pc on the network (MSHOME) and can see both ways, although the win pc
can not get to the net :o . I need to be able to share the printer on the linux box with the win pc
but not to sure what i have to do to get it working.

Thanks in advance
Radioman
Howard
Ham Radio Call: G7LQY
Locator: IO90LU
radioman
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: HELP: sharing printer probs

Postby darco on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:25 am

radioman wrote:Hi
I have got a Epson R300 printer installed in linuxmint 5, and seems to be working ok
I have a winXP pc on the network (MSHOME) and can see both ways, although the win pc
can not get to the net :o . I need to be able to share the printer on the linux box with the win pc
but not to sure what i have to do to get it working.

Thanks in advance
Radioman

Strange that the XP machine can bee seen by the LM box but it cant access the 'net. I would fix that first.
Anyways, sounds like a Samba issue. Google samba and you will find info on how to share the printer.
good luck
darco
darco
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions