Battery time question

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Battery time question

Postby kilou on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:41 pm

Hi,

I'm using Elyssa and I have seen that the estimated time left on battery (laptop) is different between Gnome Power Manager and the Battery Charge Monitor or terminal command acpi -b. Right now the Gnome Power Manager icon in the systray indicates 2h15 left while both acpi -b command and Battery Charge Monitor (applet added to Gnome Panel) indicates more than 3h30.....

It seems that the correct time is the one from Battery Charge Monitor and acpi -b but why is Gnome Power Applet estimation different? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks
kilou
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Battery time question

Postby MagnusB on Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:26 am

I think the battery time is estimated using empirical data (meaning it measures your standby time manually). In lack of empirical data it makes an educated guess.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions