Rhapsody on linux?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Rhapsody on linux?

Postby chrissylynn80 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:43 pm

I am new to linux, i finally had enough of windows , but it seems really confusing and harder than i thought it would be. I installed wine and it installed rhapsody fine but it wont play anything and my playlist are not there. Does anyone know if it is possible to use rhapsody on linux? Bluestacks won't work either but i gave up on that.
Thanks for any help :)
chrissylynn80
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Rhapsody on linux?

Postby cwsnyder on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Rhapsody's DRM protected music hasn't played well on Linux since Firefox 2.0 was the browser (about 2008) according to all that I can search on Google.
LMDE Mate 64-bit, LM16 Mate 64-bit
Debian Xfce 64-bit, Xubuntu 13.10 64-bit, Xubuntu Trusty Tahr 64-bit, Antergos Xfce 64-bit, PCLinuxOS LXDE 64-bit
cwsnyder
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Rhapsody on linux?

Postby Mark Phelps on Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:41 pm

The ratings in the WineHQ site for Rhapsody are discouraging: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=1876

That last Bronze rating should really have been Garbage -- since the rater claimed they could only get it to work once, and not since then.
Mark Phelps
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions