Classy Clock and Weather Apps?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Classy Clock and Weather Apps?

Postby Christof999 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Hi there,

I am looking for a large graphical clock app that will sit in the corner of my screen. I would like it to be an analog clock. However I would like it to be an old antique style, like a grandfather clock, or old European style brass clock (think the time machine style).

I am also looking for a nice graphical weather app. I have a tiny one that sits on my task bar right now but its only like 2cm wide and not very impressive graphics. I would like a larger more impressive graphical version of a weather app if one exists. Does anyone know of one preferable Id love one that relies on OpenGL or compiz. I'm not sure if what I am thinking of exists, but what Id like is that if it is a storm outside, the app shows impressive dark clouds and openGL lightning in a small applet in the corner of the desktop with graphics akin to those found in modern video games. If this doesn't exists whats the next best weather app?

Cheers
Christof
Christof999
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Classy Clock and Weather Apps?

Postby 900i on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:40 am

Look out the window, :D

No seriously try

http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS6736055367.html
Intel i7 3770 LMDE Mate 64
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Classy Clock and Weather Apps?

Postby chiskop on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:39 am

Or you could have a look at gdesklets - I can't remember what weather widgets are available, though I'm sure there's something, but you could certainly do what you want with the clock.
chiskop
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions