Resuming from Suspend

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
soko

Resuming from Suspend

Post by soko »

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the linux world but am learning.

Here's my problem. I am trying to set it up so that when I suspend the PC in XBMC I can resume it via my keyboard (it's a logitech wireless with mouse that's connected via USB receiver). I have read a number of posts on the topic and ran into a couple of things. lsusb lists the dongle as being on bus5 dev2. I've edited my wakeup file in the /sys/bus/devices/usb/usb5/5-2 directory and set it to enable, because I don't get a USB line in the cat /proc/acpi/wakeup file. (as far as I can tell the system recognizes the USBs as OHC1-2/EHC1-2, and all those are enabled).

Now this trick seemed to do the trick, in that I can suspend the system and resume it via a keyboard press.. HOWEVER, it only works once, because everytime the system resumes from suspend, the RF dongle is assigned a new USB bus when viewing the lsusb list, (first suspend gets 5-3 second goes 5-4 etc.) Now if I reboot the system, it resets to the original 5-2 and I can once again resume from suspend via keyboard.

How can I stop the system from reassigning the USB port to a different device each resume and have it just leave it at 5-2.

thanx for your help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Resuming from Suspend

Post by WharfRat »

soko,

What you might want to try is adding usbhid and hid_logitech_dj to MODULES_WHITELIST in /etc/default/acpi-support.

Good luck :wink:

Return to “Beginner Questions”