Wireless Bluetooth Causes Freeze/Crashes

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Wireless Bluetooth Causes Freeze/Crashes

Postby Bookworm on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:23 pm

Hi all, again --

I have in addition to my wireless card, a built in Mac bluetooth enumerator, which seems to be working under Linux Mint (it's connected internally, via a USB drive/port). However, I cannot use it to connect any devices (in particular my Apple Wireless Keyboard, which works perfectly when I boot up and under Vista). If I connect a device, it connects, disconnects, connects again and then the computer screen freezes and eventually crashes.

If I start UP with a device connected, I get a little black X symbol when I startup the computer into Linux Mint. What does that mean? I take it it's... not good...

I'd be happy to continue using Mint with a non-wireless keyboard, but it would be MUCH better for me if I had a wireless keyboard working - any and all help would be greatly appreciated and thanked. So far, my other Linux Mint experiences have been... prefect XD

Thanks in advance,
Bookworm
Bookworm
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Wireless Bluetooth Causes Freeze/Crashes

Postby Bookworm on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi all,

I'd really like some help with this - I've tried various things in the Bluetooth settings which are getting me nowhere. ANY help AT ALL is REALLY appreciated - thanks!

Bookworm
Bookworm
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions