Rythmbox + Lan share

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Rythmbox + Lan share

Postby tha_lode on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:51 am

Hi all. This is my first post here!

I recently needed to rip my entire cd-collection to save it from being loved to pieces by my 11 month old daughter. Suddenly I needed an MP3 player by the stereo that can stream from my XPsp3 server. I thought this would be a good time to try out Linux. I tried Mythbuntu, but it didn't work for some reason, but Linux Mint did, and so here I am. Incredible stuff this OS and the Mint package is just stunning. The amount of work put into this must have been huge. I am fairly used to both Win and OSX and must say I found Mint to be very nice and easy to use.

My first question is this:

I use Rythmbox to play music, since it seems to be the only app that can index a network share and remember the share afterwords. The app seems user-friendly enough, but I can't get it to access the share without unlocking the keyring. Nautilus has the same problem. Where can I enable access for Rythmbox to the share or maybe it is the keyring?

If you guys have another recommendation for which player I should use I am open to suggestions. My wife is used to Itunes, so something that is similar is preferred.
Asus EEEbox 202
w/ Mint 8
tha_lode
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Rythmbox + Lan share

Postby Husse on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:18 am

without unlocking the keyring

Which means?
I ask to avoid misunderstanding
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby tha_lode on Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:17 am

Heh... I see that I use a lot of words to ask the following simple question:

After I turn the Computer on, how can I access the Lan-share without typing in a password.
Asus EEEbox 202
w/ Mint 8
tha_lode
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:52 am

This is not the same and for older versions but do check it out
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3372
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21