Mint's menu and AWN

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Mint's menu and AWN

Postby eeezzzeee on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:24 pm

Hey guys,
Not sure which would have been the best forum to put this question in but this might be a pretty easy question to answer so I'll put it here.
Is there a way to put the Mint menu in an AWN dock? I've been working on my Desktop the past few days and have also been playing around with AWN in virtualbox on a xubuntu guest that I don't mind messing up, and I was wondering if the Mint Menu could be place in the AWN dock. I like how AWN looks, but I don't want to lose the functionality of the Mint Menu.
Thanks
"If it's stupid and it works.... it's not stupid"
eeezzzeee
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint's menu and AWN

Postby msuggs on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:21 pm

The mint menu is a gnome panel applet. I don't think this would be possible. The menu applet available in awn is a reasonable replacement.
msuggs
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Mint's menu and AWN

Postby eeezzzeee on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:47 am

Thanks for the reply, I will have to do some experimenting to see if the awn menu will work for me.
"If it's stupid and it works.... it's not stupid"
eeezzzeee
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions