Flash player not working in Firefox

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rivenought

Re: Flash player not working in Firefox

Post by rivenought »

Welcome to the forum, ferral-cat!

I just checked that site and got the same message as you. In my testing of numerous other flash sites, flash player is actually working in Firefox and in Mint, but it seems that one particular site has an issue. So, your system is functioning properly, but that website is not. Until that site gets its act together, you may have to enjoy viewing others which are similar. Only rarely do I get those sites which will not work in Firefox/Mint. I just wanted to let you know the problem is not with your system.

As for the shockwave site, it said I did not have it either. I have never seen that message before on any site I have visited. My system is pretty standard, so not sure why it is not working, but then again, I have never seen that message. Not sure what to make of it, either.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

Yeah, it seems that site has something odd about it. It would be interesting to read about how it renders in your other upcoming choices.

I fiddled around with the Live CDs of Zenwalk (very good), and Wolvix (interesting), but I still muchly prefer Mint as my daily driver. I have installs of openSUSE and Mandriva, but rarely boot into them anymore.

I still have not used any of the Ubuntu distros, but I really should at least give Hardy Heron some kind of testing. With more and more people installing Mint after using Ubuntu, I might need some first-hand experience as to what is going on over there.

Anyway, please post whatever other findings you may come up with. Have fun!
rbanavara

Post by rbanavara »

somewhere on this forum I had seen clem / husse chking the code of CNN live video site & had found that the version is hardcoded & they haven't updated it to include flash 10. That was preventing the videos to be played.

Return to “Beginner Questions”