which download

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

which download

Postby jonmerc on Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:17 pm

hi i am downloading in the uk for the first time can someone please tell me which version i should be downloading and how regards jonmerc
jonmerc
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: which download

Postby msuggs on Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:15 pm

Hi, I would suggest you download the Elyssa Main Edition (Revision 1) from one of the Official Mirrors on this page http://www.linuxmint.com/mirrors.php?id=25. Once you download the iso image you then need to burn the image to disc. Post back if you need more instructions on how to do that. I'll be away for a few days but I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction :)

Once you have the disc image burnt you should be able to reboot your computer into the live disc version of Mint and see if you enjoy it as much as we do.
msuggs
Level 5
Level 5

Re: which download

Postby jonmerc on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:54 am

hi i have managed to put linux on a disc, started it up get the linux logo the bars running along the bottom okay but after that i have got the black screen with a white box in it a white task bar with nothing in it ,any help would be thankful.regards jonmerc
jonmerc
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions