Which version should i dl

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Which version should i dl

Postby smoothsensation on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:14 am

I am planning on running mint linux as my primary OS for my desktop, so i was wondering which version of mint should i dl. I noticed there were several to choose from when i go to the download button, but am confused on the differences of the downloads. This is my first time actually using linux as a primary OS if that makes a difference.
smoothsensation
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Which version should i dl

Postby Tony G on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:59 am

Download Mint Elyssa main edition. Free edition only has open source software, which is more ideologically pure, but harder to use (at first). Mint XFCE and KDE are community editions; nothing wrong with that (Mint KDE CE is my personal favorite), but they're not the main release; to start off, I think you'll find the most postings and support for the main.

Welcome!

Anthony
"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."

--Carl von Clausewitz
Tony G
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Which version should i dl

Postby smoothsensation on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:01 pm

all right thanks a lot
smoothsensation
Level 1