All Gurus once were Newbies
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
I have installed on a fresh linux mint elyssa nvidia drivers 173.12.14.run After reboot i got blank black screen.
- Level 1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:06 pm
I don't know why you are having this problem, but one theory is that the drivers did not install correctly. Here is the method I used to install the latest nvidia driver using both the CLI, and Envy.
1. sudo apt-get remove nvidia*
2. sudo apt-get install envyng-gtk
2. enable the "proposed" repositories in sources.list
3. sudo apt-get update
4. sudo envyng -g
5. Select Nvidia on the left side, now click on Install the Nvidia driver (Manual Selection of the Driver), select 173, and finally click Apply.
6. Once the installation is completed, reboot.
- Level 6
- Posts: 1219
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:02 pm
Users browsing this forum: cogsncogs, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, jp734, Reorx, whichonespink? and 21 guests