Shutdown menu disable

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Shutdown menu disable

Postby ruslan on Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:32 pm

in my mint, i can't log out or shutdown as usual.

so, when i want to shut down my machine

i use [ctrl+alt+backspace]

thx

ruslan
ruslan
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Shutdown menu disable

Postby CaptainTux on Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:43 pm

Hey, ruslan.

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty here with shutting down. I had a similar issue with my dell inspiron e1505 once on Ubuntu 7.04 (feisty).

Would you mind telling us a bit more. The hardware you are using, what version of mint you are using, and maybe any changes you made recently?

The more information ya give, the easier it will be for some guru to help ya. :D
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
-Nelson Mandela
CaptainTux
Level 1
Level 1

Postby ruslan on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:28 pm

i installed linux mint 5 codename ellysa

in first time,there's no trouble with my mint. but after i failed to mount ntfs partition, system suddenly changed.

one of effect that appear is disable shutdown menu. so i must trigger system to shutdown.

my machine hp compaq 520.

thx
ruslan
Level 1
Level 1

Postby kansasnoob on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:53 am

Try "right clicking" the Elyssa icon in the system tray and looking at "preferences" or possibly even clicking on "reload plug-ins".
kansasnoob
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions