Trying to access another Linux & Touchpad trouble

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Trying to access another Linux & Touchpad trouble

Postby filipegatti on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:40 pm

Hello there!
Sorry if I sound not well, I'm brazilian so my english can be something weird.
I think both my questions are not Mint-based, but I tried to search about this and nothing, hope you can help me!

1. I'm using Linux Mint on my laptop. I have another computer called Dragon, it has Ubuntu installed on it. If I'm using Dragon and type smb://dragon/ I can see all the folders I'm sharing at it. If I type smb://dragon on my notebook, I can't see anything. And the Dragon computer can't see my laptop as well. Is there a way to solve this?

2. My touchpad is not working. It was when I used Windows (i hope to never use it again), but now I'm trying Linux Mint and it's not working.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 4720. I've used Linux before, but it was a long time ago and I had tons of problems, that's why I gave up. After seeing Linux Mint and its goals, I was conviced to quit Windows (again).

Hope you can help me.
Sorry for the stupid questions.

See you!
filipegatti
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Trying to access another Linux & Touchpad trouble

Postby Husse on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:51 am

Use advanced search and search for samba (and its synonyms) and the user name AvanceIT
I'm sure you find a solution there
Post your /etc/X11/xorg.conf so we can see what's in there for the touchpad
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Trying to access another Linux & Touchpad trouble

Postby MagnusB on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:28 am

See if you have any function keys to activate and deactivate the pad (Fn + F4 in example).
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions