External Hardware comaptibility

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

External Hardware comaptibility

Postby Painfulpleasure on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:03 am

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a camera
This camera:
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... &langid=EN

But before I do, I need to make sure something like this would be compatible with Elyssa! obviously the features of the camera exclude linux~ but would this camera, or another camera similar to it be compatible? How can I tell for future reference??

Any help is most appreciated : )
LINUXMINT 5.0 <3
LG R405
\m/
Painfulpleasure
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: External Hardware comaptibility

Postby bbardon on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:10 am

Nice camera!

You will usually be storing your pictures in the camera on an SD or SDHC card. Just about any card reader will work with Linux, so no problems there. (Make sure your cards and card reader are compatible, though!) If the camera includes a cable for downloading directly to the PC, it will probably behave as a USB storage device, which again Linux supports. You shouldn't have any problems.

The software suite won't run on Linux directly, but there numerous photo manipulation tools available.
bbardon
Level 1
Level 1

Re: External Hardware comaptibility

Postby Painfulpleasure on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:58 am

Cheers mate!
LINUXMINT 5.0 <3
LG R405
\m/
Painfulpleasure
Level 1
Level 1