What is BlueTooth and how do I set it up?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
r1bby

Re: What is BlueTooth and how do I set it up?

Post by r1bby »

I assume the ISP is free and not the calls from your mobile? I guess you know what you're getting but I thought I'd double check as I've heard from some people that their mobile phone companies charge a serious fortune for internet access (the ISP's make their money from your mobile phone providers, that's how it's 'free')

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/13/mobe_bill/

Ouch!

But anyway I digress... to load bluetooth onto your pc/laptop goto the package manager and search for 'bluetooth' this comes up with all the available packages for you to install, have a read through each one and click & load all the relevant ones to get you up and running, it's a bit of trial and error but this lot should get you going, it's a good learning curve and I managed to get my bluetooth dongle connected for my mobile phone to transfer images this way, so give it a try. If you fall down further post another note, hope this helps :-)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”