NetBeans complete removal

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

NetBeans complete removal

Postby arezon on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:51 am

This is the background, i need Netbeans 6.1 for school purposes and i started to install it through the package manager, but when i was done i realized that it was the wrong version. So i removed the program using package manager and downloaded the correct .sh file from netbeans homepage.

I installed that one but for some reason the program wouldn't start when i tried to launch it. I did a removal through the "start menu" and tried to install it again. But this time it says that the program is already installed and exit the installation.

So my question is, how do i remove the program and all of its components (not using the package manager)? So i can try to install it again and actually get it to work.

(I also need a good newbie program to write some .xml/.xsd in, any suggestions?)
arezon
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: NetBeans complete removal

Postby Husse on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:05 pm

(not using the package manager)?

That's exactly what you should do :)
Open synaptic and search for netbeans - when you find it right click > Select for complete removal and Apply
I'm convinced your problem is caused by config files not removed in a normal uninstall...
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions