Couple of issues.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Couple of issues.

Postby opt1k on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:43 pm

After the installation of Linux Mint my 80gb hdd had 66gb's free, so i'm wondering how much gb's Linux Mint takes up for installation? After an ubuntu installation my hdd has 72-74 gigs (don't know exactly) of free space left so i'm wondering where did those 6-8 gigs after installing LM go?

Next issue, compiz cube: when i turn on the "3d windows" option, my windows are still 'glued' to the desktop when i rotate the cube, i.e. they aren't much 3d =) So, what should I do to get the compiz fully working?

And the last issue is regarding file/dir properties help, it says "Help document user-guide/user-guide.xml not found." Where can I find that user-guide.xml?

Regards,

edit: Ok, one more issue, when i try to run Regnum Online the game crashes after the login window, error is "Segmentation Fault". I'd like to know why it does that because on Ubuntu I've had no problem with running that game, and this being Debian/Ubuntu based distro, I don't know why I am getting that problem.
opt1k
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Couple of issues.

Postby Jeff23 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi there! Welcome to LinuxMint. I'm pretty new to it myself, but have been using Linux for a while. So I'll tackle the non-mint related issue: Regnum online. How do you start the program? I've noticed that it launches fine if you type (in your install directory):
./rolauncher
but it segfaults when you have any characters after it. To me it looks like just bad coding on the part of Regnum. Now I don't have an account or anything, but there is a bug report tool: http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/index.php?l=1&sec=27 . I did a quick backtrace on the segfault and found the error to occur in (potentially) 0xb7826450 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 . It's hard to debug just an executable without the source to know.
Jeff23
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Couple of issues.

Postby opt1k on Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:01 am

ok, i've moved the regnum part discussion to their forum... anyways: does anybody know the answers to my other questions (except compiz one, i've sorted that out) ?
opt1k
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions