live cd boot help! (please read first post)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

live cd boot help! (please read first post)

Postby Painfulpleasure on Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi,
I know there are threads for installation and boot help but... I am a newbie... and don't understand what they're saying *sigh*
SO,

I burned the iso as an image to a blank cd, changed boot order, put in the cd, shut down, boot up, computer started from live cd with linux mint 5.0... and then stopped half way though! it checked a few things like blue tooth.. such like that, said 'running scripts' and then just stopped O_o

If someone could please help me, I'd loove to get vista off of my computer : )

Cheers,

-P
LINUXMINT 5.0 <3
LG R405
\m/
Painfulpleasure
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: live cd boot help! (please read first post)

Postby 67GTA on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:20 pm

When the PC is booting hit any key at the screen where it says "automatic boot in 10 seconds" (or something similar). Then select "compatibility mode" and see if it boots. It could be some of your hardware like graphics card, etc. Compatibility mode will try to load everything in "safe mode".
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions