How to automiatically log in; without password and username?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

How to automiatically log in; without password and username?

Postby bbsmitho on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Hi,

Is there a way to disable user name and password to log in to the OS automatically? Please inform. Thanks :)
bbsmitho
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How to automiatically log in; without password and username?

Postby 67GTA on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:49 pm

Go to Menu>Administration>Login Window. Then under the security tab, check the box next to "Enable Automatic Login". Then enter your username and close.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Postby bbsmitho on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:27 am

67GTA wrote:Go to Menu>Administration>Login Window. Then under the security tab, check the box next to "Enable Automatic Login". Then enter your username and close.

I went to Main Menu>Administration>Login Window, but after clicking at the Login Window nothing happens; no windows pop up. There are some options on the right side of Main Menu I can see. But I dont know what to do afterwards. Please inform me as I dont know where to go now. Thanks and best regards. :)
bbsmitho
Level 1
Level 1

Postby bbsmitho on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:48 am

Problem solved.

I went to Control Center>Administration>Login Window. Then under the security tab, checked the box next to "Enable Automatic Login". Then entered my user name and closed it.
bbsmitho
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions