Big problem, did somebody get the number of that truck?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Big problem, did somebody get the number of that truck?

Postby agent.das on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:18 pm

I was just normally surfing and playing some music then all of a sudden I get bad lag, the system just hanged up, and nothing could be done except the option to log out. I logged out then clicked on the option to shut down. It took a good 5 mins to shut down. Then upon rebooting. The login screen showed up just fine. I typed in my account and now my background picture is gone, all the desktop icons seemed to have got up and left. And when i try to play a music file it doesn't know what program to go to and then it still doesn't play. It shouldnt be a virus because I only had the system up and running for about 2 days now and it was doing alright until just now. Lucky me firefox still works! :?:
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
agent.das
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Big problem, did somebody get the number of that truck?

Postby agent.das on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:28 pm

Weird fishes. Anyhow I fixed it by going into XCFE4 mint config, clicked on desktop settings and rechecked to allow xfce to control my desktop. Yes it fixed the problem but no telling how it unclicked itself off and out of nowhere. Eh the mysteries of science.
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
agent.das
Level 1
Level 1

Postby agent.das on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:31 pm

Not that im running my own message forum. But I realized what I have done. In another post I was having a problem with the transfer of data from a data dvd disk unto my document folder on the hard drive. It was very slow and sometimes even lagged to the point of being useless. So I usually xkill it in order for my system to regain stability and I must have xkilled my desktop so waddam! It must have been like playing Russian roulette with an automatic. :oops:
agent.das
Level 1
Level 1

Postby badmotor on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:59 pm

Something for people to be wary of perhaps?
badmotor
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Acid_1 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:32 am

I assumed you were talking about Mint Gnome not XFCE. That's something you should mention next time, just to let you know. :mrgreen:
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Postby agent.das on Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:53 pm

True, well it is Xfce 4 and it looks very nice btw.
agent.das
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions