Fluxbox Question

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Fluxbox Question

Postby Ambrose on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:02 pm

Maybe a really stupid question but......using Fluxbox and I am suitably impressed however how do you set up icons on the desktop? I've been using the menu that comes up when you right click anywhere on the screen but I would like to set up access to some of these programs via the desktop. Thanks.
Ambrose
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Fluxbox Question

Postby clem on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:23 pm

I don't think it actually supports it. I'll let the Fluxbox experts/fan reply more in depth but my first intuition would be to install something like ROX. Wouldn't the Fluxbox way of achieving that to add items in the context menu?

Clem.
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby clem on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:25 pm

Actually, I just found that: http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php/Howto_fbdesk

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby Ambrose on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:12 pm

Tried that, got absolutely nowhere, is there an easier way to get short cut icons on the desktop or not. I am fairly new to all of this so please can anyone help? Ta
Ambrose
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Ambrose on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:50 pm

Ok to compromise I would be happy just seeing them on the program tree when you right click, some of the software I have installed is there but other stuff is only accesable when using the run command. Apart from that I love this distro,,,,
Ambrose
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions