[SOLVED] Join Linux Mint 17 to Active Directory

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Artur005
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED] Join Linux Mint 17 to Active Directory

Post by Artur005 »

Hello!

How can I join Linux Mint 17 MATE to windows domain?
In Mint 16 I use LikeWise, but there is not LikeWise on Mint 17. In Google I found what I can use "realm", but then I try to join "realm join -v -U <myadminuser><mydomain>", it asking my password, and then:

* Unconditionally checking packages
* Resolving required packages
* Installing necessary packages: samba-common-bin
! Failed to enroll machine in realm: The following packages have unmet dependencies:

samba-common-bin: Depends: samba-common (= 2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2) but 2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2.14.04.1 is to be installed
Depends: python2.7:any but it is a virtual package
Depends: samba-libs (= 2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2) but 2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2.14.04.1 is to be installed

realm: Couldn't join realm: Failed to enroll machine in realm. See diagnostics.

I reinstall samba-common, but nothing change...
Then I enter "adcli info <mydomain>" it show all info about my domain, when I enter "adcli join -v -U <myadminuser><mydomain>" then:

*Using domain name: <mydomain>
*Calculated computer account name from fqdn: <computername>
*Calculated domain realm from name: <MYDOMAIN>
*Discovering domain controllers: _ldap._tcp.<mydomain>
*Sending netlogon pings to domain controller: cldap://<ip>
*Received NetLogon info from: <servernamewhatrunsdomain>
! Couldn't connect to <mydomain> domain: Couldn't connect to LDAP server: <servernamewhatrunsdomain>: Can't contact LDAP server
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ranulf WolfSage

Re: Join Linux Mint 17 to Active Directory

Post by Ranulf WolfSage »

I am having the exact same problem. :x I need to join my machine to our domain, and I have no access to likewise open which I used to use to accomplish this in Mint 14-16. I've gotten all the same errors as the user above. Anyone have any insight?
Artur005
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Artur005 »

Hi, I found out how to get likewise on Linux Mint 17, just download it from http://packages.ubuntu.com/ and install. But I still want to know alternative, because likewise join machine correctly only 1 of 20 tries... The same problem was on Mint 16...
Artur005
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Artur005 »

http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/ ... -pbis-open
And I skipped step 7., otherwise I have problems with shutdown... {AD users when press shutdown just logout}

Return to “Beginner Questions”